[Asterisk-Users] No Ringback tone on Stable 1.0.2

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Tue Dec 21 21:06:38 MST 2004

I am noticing that calls that come from our IAX pstn gateway provider
and terminate to our Asterisk IVR do not receive ringing when an
extension is dialed. For example:

1.	An inbound PSTN caller calls our number
2.	Asterisk answers and provides greeting
3.	PSTN user dials extension of internal SIP phone
4.	No ringback is heard from PSTN callers perspective
5.	SIP user picks up or the voicemail picks up in the PSTN caller
didn't get frustrated and hang up due to silence

On the other hand...If I call info at ourcompany.com from an external sip
phone all is well as far as ringing goes.

I added an "r" to the dial command to try to force the issue with no
success.

This is what asterisk says:

== CDR updated on IAX2/sixTel at sixTel/2

    -- Executing Dial("IAX2/sixTel at sixTel/2", "SIP/101|20|r") in new
stack

    -- Called 101

    -- SIP/101-178a is ringing

However, I'm still not getting any tone. If you have any other ideas let
me know. (I believe the "r" suggests that it should be sending back tone
but my caller is not getting any) BTW I'm using the latest stable build
1.0.2 of Asterisk.

Thanks, Chad