[Asterisk-Users] Help bridging 2 outbound IAX2 calls !

bellesoft corp bellesoft01 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 13:28:08 MST 2004

Hi All,
I have a multithreaded C program that uses * Manager
API to generate pairs of outgoing IAX2 calls
terminating on the PSTN using Voicepulse. (call A goes
out, and call B goes out)

Once the 2 calls are answered and a message is played,
I want to allow the 2 people to talk to each other.

I know I can send the 2 calls to a MeetMe room , but I
am looking for less CPU intensive alternatives, mainly

1) transfer call A to call B and have Asterisk out
of the loop (like a blind trasfer), is this supported
on IAX2/Voicepulse?

    2) if this is not possible, what is the most
efficient way of Bridging the 2 calls.  Can one place
call A on Hold, and transfer it to call's B extension
using the Manager API or other means?

I can have as many as 10 of such pairs going on at
once, so I am looking to minimize the load on Asterisk
as much as possible.

Any help appreciated.