[Asterisk-Users] Codec Selection

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Tue Dec 21 13:21:13 MST 2004

/SNIP/
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Codec Selection
I have 2 g729 licences - what I want to do is use g729 by default but if
I get more than 2 calls at a time, use gsm for the others.
So, I put this on all my sip providers:
  disallow=all
  allow=g729
  allow=gsm

However, this just seems to use gsm for everything. If I comment out the
gsm line, it then uses g729.

I thought it would use the codec's in the order they are allowed - is
this not true?

is there any way to do what I want?

/SNIP/

My Guess is that you need two licenses in order to call from both ends,
where both end point are devoid of g729 and you need transcoding for
both channels.

Seshu