[Asterisk-Users] fxstest cant ring phone, but asterisk can !

Shahed shahed at enoor.com
Tue Dec 21 16:52:33 MST 2004

Hi all,

I cant ring my phone with fxstest, but all else works (playing tones,
stats , regdump).

My ring voltage is -53.7680 volts as reported by stats
  option to fxstest.

However, I can ring my phone with Asterisk !!!

With fxstest, I just hear a click if I am off hook,
and ask it to ring my phone.

I am in the UK, and have a ring capacitor installed
to the fxs port.

Even without that, asterisk is still able to ring my phone.
( A faitly new cordless phone)

I assume that asterisk does a lot more IOCTL's on the
channel than just ZT_RING which is the case with fxstest,
to get the ring working (Right ??)

Thanks
Shahed.