[Asterisk-Users] Call back when no longer busy

E. Versaevel erik at infopact.nl
Tue Dec 21 05:45:13 MST 2004

Hello, I'm trying to implement a function available on the PSTN net here, if
you dial a number which is busy and you press 5, you will be called back
when the busy party hangs up.

Figuring out if a SIP user is busy isn't to hard, ${DIALSTATUS} produces a
BUSY message, however, how can I implement the call back?

IE, I dial to extension 712, but that extension is busy, I dial 5 and
hangup. If extension 712 is no longer busy I'm called back and the moment I
pickup the extension 712 is dialed again.

I'm thinking something like putting a value in the Asterisk DB if the
extension is busy, after that extension hangs up it should trigger the dial
to the originating extension and on pickup it should dial the other
extension :-)

Kind regards,

E. Versaevel