[Asterisk-Users] RE: Toshiba DK-40 and Asterisk...possible?

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Mon Dec 20 16:43:31 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
-They currently have a Toshiba DK-40 and 19 DKT 2010-SD phones.  The
-owner has told me that the phones are digital (not in the VoIP sense,
-obviously).

-Is anyone here familiar with this particular PBX? Any chance that it can
-be integrated with Asterisk?

Anything that speaks "phone" can be integrated with *.  You can sit an *
server next to anything and make it work through a tie line of some kind.
The level of seamlessness and what you are trying to do will determine the
viability of doing this.

-They would like to keep the phones, but I frankly have no idea if they will
-work with Asterisk directly, or through the Toshiba PBX via a connection to
-the Asterisk box.

Sorry.  Digital phones speak whatever mfg language they were meant to
connect to, in this case, Toshiba.  If you want to add IVR functionality or
expand the voicemail, or add voip (basically, something else that the
Toshiba doesn't do) you can just sit the * next to the Toshiba.  If you want
to use it as the main system, you will have to toss the sets.

Look on the wiki about legacy integration for further information.

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com
Salt Lake City, UT