[Asterisk-Users] [Asterisk-Dev] RE: [Asterisk-biz] Asterisk training andcertification :: AstriconTraining

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Mon Dec 20 15:21:59 MST 2004

Well, they do offer:

"...For Asterisk gurus, that believe that you can take the exam without
attending the training, there will be exam oppurtunities setup in
combination with Astricon conferences. When we update dCAP for future
releases of Asterisk (1.1, 2.0), you will be able to upgrade your
certification at Astricon..."

I can only hope that they follow the FAA's pilot exams and tell us what we
need to know to "pass" and then publish the pool of 600 questions of which
150 will be on the exam, and we'll need 75% to pass.

I see new markets opening up here: "Asterisk Study Guides" (second draft)
for only $75, third-party workshops for the exam, and Cliff notes on
Asterisk.

And I suppose that if you are "Certified" then you can hope for additional
sales leads...

I'd like to see the requirements for certification.

James Taylor

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:55:58 -0500, Jorge Mendoza <mendoza at tcc.com.pe>
wrote:

> I'm in agree with Brian for the following reasons:
> - By principle I'm against the certification: it is not a proof of
> knowledge.
> - Certification is discriminatory: only the people from the "first
> world" should be certificated, USD $ 3.275,00 is one year salary for
> many  engineers in developing countries. If you add travel, hotel, etc.
> it can reach 2 year salary.
>
> Why they do not post the 150 question exam in the web and provide
> certification for peoples who answer correctly? Free of course.
>
> Jorge Mendoza
>
> Brian West wrote:
>> I feel this is a slap in the face for those of us that have been here
>> and I
>> don't feel I should HAVE to pay to be certified...  I think me and MANY
>> others are about to walk out of the project over this.  I have already
>> spoken with many people that are close to the project.  You're hurting
>> US
>> and our ability to make money.  I still know the code better than most
>> of
>> the people that will be paying to be certified.  You're pushing it
>> here.  I REFUSE TO PAY!!!  I know you guys mean well but you didn't
>> take any of us
>> into account that know this software and know it well.
>>  bkw

>>> applications. Asterisk is the first package to fit all