[Asterisk-Users] Quick questions ( maybe a little confidence building too )

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno.org
Mon Dec 20 07:26:59 MST 2004

Matt Riddell wrote:

> Sean Kennedy wrote:
>
>> Second thing is this:  My office is scouting out VoIP solutions, and
>> I have suggested an asterisk solution.  We will be getting our voice
>> lines over 9 channels of a t1.  I feel comfortable enough with
>> asterisk to set this up, but I am concerned about the Wildcard
>> T100P's sound quality.  I
>

> First off the T100P is a T1 card, not a single FXO card like the X100P.

Right, and that's the other thing I was thinking of.  I just didn't
include it...because I'm tired.  Moving and all that.  The person I
helped move puts lead weights in her furnature or something.

>> got the cheapy X100P clone, and it does some weird things ( example:
>> Remote caller hangs up, and the card doesn't detect it.  Random hang
>> ups, ect...While I haven't gotten obsesive with the config files, I have
>

> Card doesn't detect hangup: make sure you have busycount=8 and
> busydetect=yes
>
> Random Hangups: make sure you don't have callprogress=yes or
> busycount=lower than 8
>
>> done some work trying to eliminate the problems.  No luck yet ), and
>> while I'm guessing that's probably due to this being a "clone" and
>> maybe my config file, I am hoping that people with the T100Ps will
>> give me a first hand accounting on these cards before I commit to
>> this project.
>

> I use the T100P card here for connection to a channel bank full of
> FXS.  The sound quality is perfect.  I have used multiple cards
> (X100P, TDM400P etc) for FXO termination and they have all worked
> perfectly for me (I don't even get any echo).

Perfect, just what I wanted to hear.

> Let us know if those things above don't fix your problems.  Also, you
> didn't say what country you are in, there are some additional changes
> depending on what country (outside of the USA) you are in.

Sorry, American arrogance.  USA.  California, to be accurate.  It will
be a non-PRI t1.

I'm betting everything will work out, but I just wanted to get some
first hand accounts with the card.  I apprecaite it!

Thanks

Sean