[Asterisk-Users] Quick questions ( maybe a little confidence building too )

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Dec 20 00:27:30 MST 2004

Sean Kennedy wrote:
> Second thing is this:  My office is scouting out VoIP solutions, and I
> have suggested an asterisk solution.  We will be getting our voice lines
> over 9 channels of a t1.  I feel comfortable enough with asterisk to set
> this up, but I am concerned about the Wildcard T100P's sound quality.  I

First off the T100P is a T1 card, not a single FXO card like the X100P.

> got the cheapy X100P clone, and it does some weird things ( example:
> Remote caller hangs up, and the card doesn't detect it.  Random hang
> ups, ect...While I haven't gotten obsesive with the config files, I have

Card doesn't detect hangup: make sure you have busycount=8 and
busydetect=yes

Random Hangups: make sure you don't have callprogress=yes or
busycount=lower than 8

> done some work trying to eliminate the problems.  No luck yet ), and
> while I'm guessing that's probably due to this being a "clone" and maybe
> my config file, I am hoping that people with the T100Ps will give me a
> first hand accounting on these cards before I commit to this project.

I use the T100P card here for connection to a channel bank full of FXS.
  The sound quality is perfect.  I have used multiple cards (X100P,
TDM400P etc) for FXO termination and they have all worked perfectly for
me (I don't even get any echo).

Let us know if those things above don't fix your problems.  Also, you
didn't say what country you are in, there are some additional changes
depending on what country (outside of the USA) you are in.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell