[Asterisk-Users] SMS - how to send one

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Sun Dec 19 16:07:48 MST 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 21:35, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Sunday 19 December 2004 20:18, Brian West wrote:
> > The SMS in asterisk is not SMS like you're thinking... Its not for
> > sending to mobile phones and not something usable in the US.
>
> Um, sorry, but if SMS is not for sending to mobile phones, then what is it
> for (if it matters, I'm not in the US) ?

Apologies for replying to my own posting, but a bit more digging has left me
even more puzzled - I'm not using SMS yet, but I do plan to, and links such
as http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-cvs/2004-April/001843.html
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Sms and
http://www.aaisp.net.uk/aa/sms.html all seem to suggest that it can do what I
want (and hope) - send & receive text messages to/from standard mobile
phones.

Am I deluded in this hope?

Antony.

--
These clients are often infected by viruses or other malware and need to be
fixed.  If not, the user at that client needs to be fixed...