[Asterisk-Users] Looking for new hardware

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Dec 19 13:08:46 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 20:10 +0100, Rodolfo Grave wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I gave up with the IBM NetFinity, so I'm going to buy new hardware. I'm
> going to install:
>
> 1-)One X100P (1 FXO module)
> 2-)One TDM03B (3 FXO modules)
>
> I'll have the 4 FXO channels busy almost all the time, and I would like
> quality to be as good as possible without going to the high-level
> hardware. I would like to learn of some tested configurations (I've
> heard of problems with VIA chipsets, PCI voltages, etc). PC will be
> asterisk dedicated, so I'll like it to be asterisk+DigiumCards
> optimized. Can you recommend something?

PCI voltages shouldn't be much of an issue for all FXO devices as you
won't be putting any real amount of power on the lines. PCI voltages are
a problem with FXS devices and the 48vDC always and 80-120v at 20hz AC for
ring.

I would suggest something in a serverworks board. So far we have had a
PIII 850 on a serverworks chipset and SCSI drive running for a long
time. Our main PSTN gateway has a 418 day uptime and asterisk has been
running non-stop for nearly 20 weeks. We take nearly 500 calls a day
right now on that machine.