[Asterisk-Users] dialplan selection

Samudra E. Haque haque at pradeshta.net
Sun Dec 19 10:58:10 MST 2004

Hello,

I would like to parse inbound Asterisk IAX2 7-digit numbers in the form of
123-4567 and strip out the first four digits, and then dial whatever number
digits remain. If I only have three digits (000-999) and have a mix of
channels (ZAP, SIP, IAX2) could someone please point out how I can use a
single DIAL command to just dial the extension regardless of the type of
channel. .. For each valid extension, I have a separate dial command anyway,
which denotes the particular channel that extension is assigned to.

I do not want to assign groups of extensions i.e., 123-A567 or 123-B567 or
123-C567 where A=ZAP, B=SIP, C=IAX2 peers respectively.

-samudra