[Asterisk-Users] My Boss wants background music!!!!

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Sat Dec 18 13:19:39 MST 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 07:54:19AM +0100, Wilson Pickett wrote:
> > I am searching for a new PBX for the company. My choice is Astrisk. My >
> > Boss wants background music via all the telephones. This is done in a
> > conventional PBX that he wants, but I can use the Asterisk PBX if it can

How about a desktop application that plays streamed music from a server but
cuts out when the respective user's phone rings?

Detecting the ringing state of a specific device from, say, a desktop
running Windows or Linux AGI is trivial.  Since playing streamed music on
Linux or Windows is also trivial there should be no problem meeting your
requirements.

Bill Seddon