[Asterisk-Users] erroneous errors - registration fails for grandstream phones

Greg - Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Sat Dec 18 09:48:27 MST 2004

At 09:38 AM 12/17/04, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Look in your sip.conf
>
>host=192.168.20.2
>
>and your phone is set to use 192.168.20.25
>
>try to change host directive in sip.conf to
>
>host=192.168.20.25
>
>----
>Diego Aguirre

Host is set to dynamic
host=dynamic
type=friend

I think this is an issue in the way chan_sip handles
things with the grandstream phones.  this does not
occur with the sipura 2k units or xten softphones on
the same network.

I have set the dtmfmode to info (instead of inband) to
see if there is a difference.

This might also be specific to the way "realtime" handles this.

I have not seen this occur with the sip.conf file (no database).

Then again, I may not have noticed it happening.

it appears to be an inconsistent bug in the the way registration
is handled with the GS phones.  This settles down with a restart
of asterisk, but just happens again later.  Operation doesn't
seem to be affected, but I can't swear to that either.

Greg