[Asterisk-Users] Definity PBX with a T100P & TN767E

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Fri Dec 17 08:45:37 MST 2004

> I'm currently playing with a Digium T100P card and 2 Grandstream phones,
> things are working well.  I wanted to move on to linking our Definity
> G3R Rev 8.2 to the T100P.  Everything that I've read so far shows that
> you need a TN464 to accomplish this.  We have a TN767E available.

Yes, a TN767E will work and actually a TN464 may not,
depending on how the G3 is setup. If I remember right
the TN464 needed a different clock set up then we had
on our system.

I've got my G3 working with asterisk using a TN767E
(v18 R11 - Ebay $100, gotta love Ebay).

Inbound/outbound, DID from G3 inbound, ext./ext., etc.

You just have to make sure your G3 has a spare proc. interface
and of coarse you already have PRI ($ feature enabled) on the G3, right?

Here's some notes from when I did mine, hope they
help you.

Hotplug cp (purple slot) in spare slot, ie. 01A06

add DS1 01A06

display DS1 01A06

add data module with type of 'procr-intf'
and a non-DID extension number

Assign the data module to a physical channel (01 to 04)

Do a 'change communications-interface links' to add the
information for the ISDN board.

Use the same physical channel as assigned to the data module.

Enable = n
Est Conn = y
PI Ext = Data mod created above
PROT = ISDN
Brd = TN767 slot
Identification = whatever

Do a 'change communications-interface processor-channels' and
add an entry:
Appl = ISDN
Link = same as assigned to the data module
Channel = blank
Priority = h

Do a 'add or change signaling-group x'
Associated Signaling = y for facility associated sognaling
n for non-facility associated signaling
Primary D cahnnel - 767 slot, port 24
Trunk Group = ?

and enable the link that you are using.

Give it a few minutes to sync up and then do a
'status signaling-group x'

You should see the primary as 'in-service'