[Asterisk-Users] OT: DSL without voice

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Fri Dec 17 07:30:20 MST 2004

Joe Greco schrieb:

> Don't forget, you ought to have a conventional phone line for E911
> purposes, including "what happens when a hurricane goes through and my ISP
> becomes toast". VoIP is a neat technology but it lacks the resiliency of
> the traditional phone system.

For this you can take your mobile. When my local company (T-Com) decides
to allow ADSL without a phone line I will take it. I've got my mobile
for cases of emergency.

And since in germany there is really no danger of a hurricane the
stability of the mobile nets should be sufficient. ;-)

Bye!

Michael