[Asterisk-Users] Hardware based DSP

Lubomir Christov voip at minitelecom.org
Thu Dec 16 21:59:18 MST 2004

Hi Shahed,

yes you are right if you use Digium hardware "all dsp related
functionality has to be handled by software".
Asterisk supports also other hardware and one of them have DSP on it -
Quicknet Phone/LineJACK cards ... but I'm NOT recommending you to use
this hardware!
  Quicknet's driver is too old, it haven't been updated recently (I'm
talking about the original ixj driver) and Quicknet don't offer good
Linux support.

If you prefer to use hardware based DSP I think that it will be better
to use not a PC cards, but to find some SIP based VoIP Gateways (they
have g729 and g723 codecs included) and are working very well with Asterisk.

I'm recommending you this web site
http://www.voip-info.org
it's a very good VoIP information  resource.

Lubo
--

---------
Appradius Project: RADIUS authentication and accounting support for