[Asterisk-Users] Call Waiting FXS and *

Philippe Daoust pdaoust at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 16 20:30:13 MST 2004

I have a small home setup with one Cisco 7960 SIP phone, one WISIP, one
FXO connected to Bell Canada PSTN, and four FXS connected to POTS phones
throughout the house.  I also have an account to a SIP based DID provider.

My problem is when I'm on a call on one of the FXS connected phones and
receive another call either via the PSTN line (assuming the call I'm on
is using my SIP account) or SIP account I can hear my other phones ring
but don't get the call waiting tone on the phone I am (it works great on
the Cisco though).  I can run to another phone and answer the call or
let it go to VM but I would really like to be able to pick it up using
the FXS connected phone.

I did a bit of searching and it doesn't seem like it's possible...  Is
there a way or is it on the roadmap for an eventual feature?  Is this a
software of hardware limitation?

This is really important, it's seriously affecting the WAF for this
project...  ;-)  I'm starting to think I should have gone with SPA's to
support my POTS phones...  :-(

Thanks!