[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold. not getting it.

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Thu Dec 16 19:24:37 MST 2004

Mark, Thanks for the pointer. 'preciate it.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mark
Phillips
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 6:08 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold. not getting it.

This is well documented in the WIKI.

And, it's not configured from the extensions.conf file. Look for
musiconhold.conf in /etc/asterisk. Genreally one doesn't have to mess
with it but you can do all sorts of neat tricks with it. I have our
office one doing different hold music for different departments so that
they can have their own messages etc played when someone is on hold.

If you want to her your hold music ad a line like this to your
extensions.conf

exten => 9999,1,Musiconhold(default)

Which will play all the hold music until you hangup.

If you want to play the hold music to peeps while your phone is ringing
do this;

exten => 9999,1,Dial(SIP/9999|20|m)

which will play the music for 20 seconds whilst ringing the phone.

Mark

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 16:57, Ferguson, Michael wrote:

> G'Day All;
>
> I am a little unsure on how to get Music On Hold to work. Please
> critique my extensions.conf.  ????? Thanks
>

> ; SIP 5001
>
> exten => 5001,1,Dial(SIP/5001)
>
> exten => 5001,2,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
>
> exten => 5001,3,Hangup