[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Asterisk to GSM

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Dec 16 11:31:42 MST 2004

Hi,

Il giorno gio, 16-12-2004 alle 21:47 +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver ha
scritto:

> I was wondering if there was any device I could use to connect * to GSM
> networks. I don't need much capacity, maybe 2-4 GSM channels. As usual,
> cheap is better :-)

sure, mainly you can use gsm boxes with pstn to gsm interfaces.
for example: for 1 gsm chan, you can use a box with an fxs interface
on it, and can be connected to * via a single x100p (one fxo interface)
Or for multi channels, you can go with a bri->gsm box, and interface
it to * via a bri card (junghanns.net drivers)

or even pri, with 16 or more channels (connected to the *
with a pri card, ie te110p)

or even sip... no card on the * box, but connected
via a sip voip link.

www.2n.cz has some of these products, but there're tons of
them out there.

prices? dunno exactly, the only that I'm aware of is that
a bri -> gsm (2 gsm chans) is something like 800 €

Matteo.