[Asterisk-Users] My Boss wants background music!!!!

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Thu Dec 16 07:27:46 MST 2004

I have a proposition to you both.

The users want background music, right?

The background music doesn't have to come from the phone.

You can set up a streaming media server (even using winamp on one of the
desktops) and the users can connect to it from a browser.

Want to take it a bit further?
Make the website check your call status on asterisk via the manager
interface and you can lower the volume automatically.

The first part is easy.
The second part needs work, but I assume that it can be done rather
easily.

What do you think?

My