[Asterisk-Users] My Boss wants background music!!!!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 16 05:55:03 MST 2004

On December 16, 2004 07:01 am, Greg - Cirelle Enterprises wrote:
> >I am searching for a new PBX for the company. My choice is Astrisk. My
> > Boss wants background music via all the telephones.

> If you don't mind my asking, what application would require this feature?

Some people like the inane blather in their office.  I personally dislike
background music but many people around me enjoy it.  They keep the volume on
their phones down and it doesn't bother me too much.

But yes, it's popular and yes, it's doable with a multiline phone or a phone
that supports paging.

-A.