[Asterisk-Users] My Boss wants background music!!!!

Satchid satchid at telenet.be
Thu Dec 16 02:48:57 MST 2004

Dear Members,

I am searching for a new PBX for the company. My choice is Astrisk. My Boss
wants background music via all the telephones. This is done in a
conventional PBX that he wants, but I can use the Asterisk PBX if it can do
this also.
As I said he needs background music on every telephone this is not to be
mistaken with music on hold.
The bit stream is an MP3 file of 8 Kbs. At the server it might be at the
maximum 570Kbs if it has to send it individually to each telephone.
The network: 10/100 layer-3 switches with QoS on a 1000Mbs backbone.

Please, is there a way to get this done, otherwise I have to say goodbye to
Asterisk (unless my boss gives in).

Thank you all

Willy

ONS