[Asterisk-Users] VoIP bad voice quality

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Thu Dec 16 01:30:28 MST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:35:22AM +0530, Ashish Shinde spake thusly:
>    How can I solve this problem of voice quality? Can a better
> implementation of jitterbuffer with packet loss concealment  help? If
> so how do I get the newer implementation. I would really like to help
> out in the development of the new jitterbuffer if it has not yet been
> implemented.

You are going over the open Internet which does not have QoS.
Unfortunately it is unlikely that you will be able to get rid of that 1%
of packet loss which will cause the occasional break in your audio.
Perfect audio is just not possible over an imperfect transmission medium
using current technology. Packet loss concealment might help to some
degree but the audio quality will still suffer, although perhaps it won't
be as obvious. Unfortunately such technology is not currently available in
asterisk.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.