[Asterisk-Users] Newbie setup (Hardware questions)

Puddle rotaecho at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 15:59:08 MST 2004

Hello, I'm trying to setup an Asterix PBX solution in
our office.

We plan to have 5 active lines open available at any
point in time.

We'd like to use VoIP Phones, and possibly Software
Based phone (*NIX/Windows enviroment).

I was researching the various cards and I think I'd
want to go with the Digium TDM40B - 4-port.

However, I can't figure the differences between FXS &
FXO to make a decision of a purchase.

Could someone help explain this?

Ideally, we want to have one main line and have it hit
a directory then branch to each work area with a
phone.

Thanks,

-Puddle