[Asterisk-Users] TDM400p FXO module always offhook

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Wed Dec 15 15:41:00 MST 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 22:34, Carey Pillar wrote:

> I have a TDM400p with 3 FXS mods and 1 FXO mod.  I have all set up with
> what seems to be correct settings (according to digium and asterisk wiki).
>  As soon as I plug in my POTS line into FXO mod the line goes into offhook
> state (whether I have power to the card or not).  Should this happen?
> When I try to call * box all I get is busy signal.  I've installed stable
> version, cvs version, change the phone cord from 2 wire to 4 wire. My
> config files are standard from compile and all i've added is info from
> digium's basic hardware configs.
>
> Any suggestions?

Are you sure you're using the correct cable to plug the FXO into the POTS?

It sounds to me like maybe you've got a crossed cable where you need a
straight one, or vice versa - there are certainly plenty of variations in
cables from different vendors, for different bits of equipment, in different
countries, so maybe you just need to try another one?

There should basically only be two types - line signals on pins 1-4, or on
2-3, so there shouldn't be too much to test...

Hope this helps,

Antony.

--
Bill Gates has personally assured the Spanish Academy that he will never allow
the upside-down question mark to disappear from Microsoft word-processing

 - Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.