[Asterisk-Users] Re: Ethernet Channel Bank idea

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Dec 15 02:54:38 MST 2004

> Ethernet Channel Bank
>
> Hmm.
>
> Caught my attention for more than 34 hours, you win.
>
> I'm getting 24 port carrier access channel banks for $100, Digium 4 Port
> Cards for about $800 (T400P) a card.. Meaning a blended cost of ~$12.50
> per channel NRC. I can mux up 96 channels for a cost of $12.50 per channel
> all day long. And easily sell it at $25 to cover the cost of the box per
> port, T-1 channel per port, and channel bank per port non recurring costs.

I'm also interested, but not from an I-can-buy-a-channel-bank-cheeper-
then-you-can perspective.

Rather, an ethernet channel bank would make it very easy to pick up
a flexible number of pstn-fxo lines at remote locations where I already
have Internet presence. I don't need any T1 cards to extend the reach
into small towns and cities. :)