[Asterisk-Users] ztcfg problems

Ryan Stark rstark at tuzakey.com
Tue Dec 14 11:29:57 MST 2004

Hello, I'm running Fedora Core 3 with udev, and asterisk/zaptel/libpri
from cvs.  I have followed the README.udev instructions replacing insmod
with modprobe and rmmod with modprobe -r and adding the 60-zaptel.rules
file, yet no matter what I do I still get this error on boot(or when I
run service zaptel restart):

[root at pbx ~]# /etc/init.d/zaptel restart
Unloading zaptel hardware drivers: wcusb wcfxs wcfxo wct1xxp wct4xxp
tor2 torisa
Removing zaptel module:                                    [  OK  ]
Running ztcfg:  Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

                                                            [FAILED]

My card is a Digium T100P, and the zaptel.conf is correct (i've checked
it and had it checked by another asterisk guy.)  Anyone have any
suggestions?  I've googled a bit but everyone else with this issue has
it because they didn't add the rules file.  I checked and their is a
/dev/zap/ctl.

Thanks,
-Ryan