[Asterisk-Users] DS3 Media Gateway

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 14 07:06:18 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 19:57 -0700, Damon Estep wrote:
> Is anyone using a media gateway with a DS3 for TDM/PSTN access? I am
> trying to determine the best way to scale Asterisk beyond 4 PRI's.

Another box with 4 PRI's?

> What about the TNT Max? Can it be configured with a DS3 PSTN interface,
> the appropriate software and hardware, and Ethernet ports to support
> SIP-PSTN/DS3 media gateway services for multiple * boxes?

Afaik DS3 is available for the TNT and APX. Boxes have ethernet. Make
sure you get the proper cards. Iirc for TNT you need the latest version
of the dsp cards or I think it won't work/can't do transcoding. APX
comes with the latest ones. And TAOS needs to be VoIP enabled off course
(you need the proper hash codes to enable it). Search the list for Max
TNT or APX. Think you will find some people who have deployed them with
Asterisk.

> What about TNT - SER - * ?
>
> Is there anyone here with real world experience with this size of
> implementation that would like to provide a few hours of consulting
> services on this issue (PM me)?

Was involved with hundreds of TNT's at a telco but not with VoIP (only
IPDC). In this context TNT/APX is typically for VoIP telco's and frankly
I doubt they will share their family jewels with you. Hope you get an
off-list answer. Maybe contact the guys at ag-projects.com. They seem to
build stuff like that.

Regards,
Patrick