[Asterisk-Users] Should echo cancellation be a "science" or an"art"?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Dec 14 06:31:25 MST 2004

On December 14, 2004 08:06 am, Doug Reid - Stormcorp wrote:
> Use ISDN lines!

Blow it out your ear.

I have a PRI to the telco, and a PRI to my KSU.  Echo still exists on some
calls.  ISDN just means that *YOU* won't generate echo since there is no
hybrid.  It's still very possible to get far-end echo (which, incidentally,
is almost  always the only echo you hear, as your own is heard as a
sideband).

ISDN isn't a cure-all.  Echo cancellation is very much a science, but most
people don't know what is really going on so it appears very much like magic
or an art to them.

-A.