[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Training Needed in SouthEast U.S

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Fri Dec 10 14:49:16 MST 2004

Me too. For the South Fla area.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Paul Rodan
	Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 4:31 PM
	To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
	Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Training Needed in SouthEast
U.S

	I need advanced Asterisk training in the SouthEast area of the
U.S; I don't need to know how to install linux and Asterisk and compile
the modules and load them and such. I don't need to know what
extensions.conf does or sip.conf does;

	What I do need is a better understanding of what every single
little option in sip.conf or iax.conf does, and I need to learn a lot
more about all the tips and tricks and neat little things you can do in
the extensions.conf file. I also want to increase my knowledge of SIP
and IAX in general, and maybe learn a little about Zaptel cards and how
to use them. Seems everytime I go over the sip.conf file, a month or two
later when I get the latest CVS, new options and change of default
parameters appear in the example configs.

	Anybody know of a good training center or tutor in this area
that can help train me? I intend to make the company I work for pay for
it, as they seem content to stick me with being the only VOIP Admin.
I've learned a lot since I started 3 months ago, but every time I start
browsing the Wiki I feel like my head is going to explode, so much
information to absorb and so many confusing terms. I'm more of a hands
on and learn-by-examples person. Most of what I've learned is by reverse
engineering the config files left behind by the previous VOIP Admin who
was real good but no longer working here and no longer willing to
assist. I found an interesting 3-day course offered by this one company,
but they turned out to be in London, and it'll be tough enough to get
them to transport and pay for this course in a local area, trying to get
them to fly me out of the U.S is infeasible.