[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco 7905G or Cisco 7912G

Jon Bebeau jbebeau at 1nettw.net
Mon Dec 13 18:30:31 MST 2004

I have used the 7912 and been pleased.  I selected the 7912 over the 7905
because of the 100Mbit Ethernet switch.  As I recall the 05 only supports a
10 Mb, as these were going in-line with existing PCs, I felt the 100 FX was
a better deal.

The Firmware upgrade is totally different than the 7940 and 7960 upgrade.
More a macro based set-bits and create a loadable module (I guess because
there isn't enough memory or cycles on the phone.  I use 7940, 7960 and 7912
and they all work great.  The LCD on the 12 is smaller but the visual
quality is better that the 60 or 40s.

Jon