[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco 7905G or Cisco 7912G

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Mon Dec 13 11:54:49 MST 2004

> I can't speak for the 7912G, but I have several 7905G phones and these
> work perfectly with Asterisk.

This is great! The 7905G is what I have in mind for a plain basic phone
and the 7940 where a speaker phone is needed.

> The firmware is easy to obtain if you have a Cisco support agreement -
> it's downloadable from CCO (the 7905G and 7912G have different
> firmware builds, but a similar configuration process - be aware of
> that).

Cisco support for the phones is certainly on the reasonable side,
especially since it includes hardware replacement, not just software
support.

Now all I need to find is a low-cost switch that supports PoE for Cisco
phones. A 3550 for my home is very unreasonable, IMHO.

Adi