[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Small SIP phones?

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Mon Dec 13 07:15:45 MST 2004

Well, I know it isn't a classic style handset, but the Prestige 2000W is
small light and portable. If you have a suitable WiFi Card in your
laptop acting as an access point, you could squeeze a couple into
your laptop bag and do a pretty convincing demo without having to
hook into the client's network at all.

One thing though, the current version of the firmware of these
phones doesn't seem to be able to do 128 bit WEP encryption and
aLaw at the same time, it occasionally drops a 10th of a sec.

I've turned off encryption on that network, and now the phone seems
fine.

Apart, that is, from the fact that I haven't quite got to the bottom of
why it sometimes slips into g729 when I haven't asked it to.
I suspect the fact that I'm running 6 month old * build may be partly
to blame.

Tim.