[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Small SIP phones?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Sun Dec 12 16:14:41 MST 2004

On Sunday 12 December 2004 23:08, Shoval Tomer wrote:

> I may be wrong, but if you always carry your laptop around, why don't
> purchase a USB handset?

The main reason is that (I believe) the quality of audio with a soft phone is
generally not as good as that from a real SIP phone?

The other reason is that I want to be able to show VoIP in operation to
clients (which is where I would be taking the phone with me), so a standalone
phone, which is not dependent on any software installed on my laptop, is a
much neater arrangement.

True, you don't need the high voltage ringing, but with a standard SIP phone
you still need a PSU for it.   I couldn't rely on a client's network switch
supporting PoE for when I wanted to plug one in.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.