[Asterisk-Users] RE: Polycom 500 - Dialtone while connected

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Dec 12 04:50:16 MST 2004

> > I'm interested too. Any chance to put the archive in a ftp site?.
> >

> I am also interested in getting the 1.3.4 firmware. It annoys me that I
> can't just get it from Polycom's website, and forces me to rethink
> deploying their phones for customers.

Send emails to the Polycom sales, support and other groups, and complain
to them. Maybe if enough folks do that they will rethink their policy.

They claim to be handling it the way they do because they want to
"maintain high quality customer support" through certified dealers.
That might be true for their more sophisticated products, but it
certainly does not appear to be working for their IP phones. I'd bet
a fair number of folks reselling their IP phones aren't certified
and they are picking up the product through (back-door) distributors.
(That's got to be part of the reason why resellers do not include
copies of the required (license) software when shipping product, if
when its stipulated on a purchase order.)