[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 says "Protocol Application Invalid?"

Henry Devito hdevito at qwest.net
Sat Dec 11 20:01:00 MST 2004

> I do have the 7960 SIP Image, but I can't get into the phone to change the
> TFTP.  Is the phone locked?  Did the previous owner mess up an upgrade and
> now the phone is a paper weight?

First yes you can unlock the settings on the phone,  the default password is
cisco or if you have older software it is **# settings.  If you don't have a
dhcp server available you can manually set the tftp server.  I have this
done on several customer sites that did not want a dhcp server.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: