[Asterisk-Users] Best option for FSX: IAXy or TDM400P or Voip phone?

Humberto Aicardi humberto at aicardi.com.br
Sat Dec 11 15:50:28 MST 2004

Hi,

	I currently have a * server with a IAXy adapter and a Voip phone. My
doubt is: which is the best option? I personally find IAXy to be very
effective, except from the fact that they don't support G729. The other
option would be to use the TDM400P, which I have heard that it has some
problems with echo, is this true? And finally to use a VOIP phone which look
good and includes several extra features. Oops, I forgot there's still the
gateway option, including ATA186, VoicePlanet, Mediatrix and so on. The
problem is that they are expensive compared to prior options, except the
VOIP phone.

	What I really need is a solution that works without the usual * echo
problems. The major issue with IAXy is the price at US$99. I can buy for US$
75 a Grandstream BT102.

	Can anyone share their experience with the above solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Humberto