[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 says "Protocol Application Invalid?"

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Sat Dec 11 12:28:35 MST 2004

I had this a couple of days ago ..

Randy MacKay wrote:
> I have been able to upgrade my Cisco 7905G phones to the SIP Image without
> any problems, but I just got a 7960, and I can't seem to get to the settings
> so I can upgrade to a SIP Image.
>
> When the phone boots up, it says Configuring VLAN, Configuring IP, TFTP
> ????..., then Protocol Application Invalid.

When I got this, it was due to the fact that I had incorrect network
settings in the SIPDefault.cnf file, and was pointing to the wrong *
server, the wrong tftp server etc etc.

Also check that the image file specified in the SIPDefault SIP<mac
address>.cnf file is the correct image as well.

HTH

Julian