[Asterisk-Users] Integrating * with Mitel SX2000 Lite

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Fri Dec 10 13:56:05 MST 2004

Hi Chris

I've done quite a bit of work with Mitel SX2000s and got to admit I like
them a lot (give me those forms based admin screens over a Nortel command
line interface any day!). I've not interfaced an asterisk box with an
SX2000 before but it should be pretty easy (hehe, note my use of the word
"should") ;-)

I'd be tempted to set up a dialplan on the Mitel so that all VoIP
extensions start with the same digit - it'll make it less of a routing
headache in the long run. You can then subdivide on the asterisk box as
needed.. For example, on the Mitel, set 4xxx to go to the asterisk PRI.
Then on the Asterisk box you could have 40xx be assigned to users at site
A, 41xx be users at site B etc.. The sites can be SIP devices registered to
the asterisk box, or even an asterisk server of their own if it warranted
it.

There's a bit of work to do with the asterisk dialplan and also the Mitel,
handling COS and barring/restrictions etc, but it should be fairly simple
to set up.

Give me a shout if you want to discuss further.

Paul