[Asterisk-Users] using built-in extension numbers on the ZAP channel

Samudra E. Haque haque at pradeshta.net
Fri Dec 10 11:05:02 MST 2004

hello, using a legacy PBX to access a Asterisk Zap channel (Legacy PBX
FXS --> FXO application Asterisk/TDM400P) I want to be able to "flash" the
asterisk pbx. However by pressing the FLASH button on the extension
connected to the Legacy PBX gets me the flash features on the Legacy PBX,
not on the Asterisk PBX side. I thought of using the following codes (listed
below) from

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+zap+channels

but, when i dialled from the extension (legacy pbx) --> extension of
Asterisk pbx -> zaptel/zap channel -> IVR, and pressed "*0", it was invalid
extension. How can I pass on a 'flash' key / command so that I can flash the
remote side instead of the local side ?

-samudra

Built-in Extension Numbers
There are some "extension numbers" that are built into the Zap channel
module. You may override these in your Dialplan, i.e. these are used only if
the number dialed does not match any of your Dialplan extension patterns.

   *0  Send hook flash
   *67 Disable Caller ID
   *69 Say last caller's Caller ID ("call return")
   *70 Disable call waiting
   *72 Activate "call forward immediate"
   *73 Deactivate "call forward immediate"
   *78 Enable "Do Not Disturb"
   *79 Disable "Do Not Disturb"
   *80 Add last caller's caller ID to blacklist
   *82 Enable Caller ID (only if disabled with *67)

In addition, there are other codes that are not specific to the Zap channel
module:

   *8# Callgroup pickup

---