[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe Features

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:09:03 MST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:24:42 +0100 (CET), Peter Svensson
<psvasterisk at psv.nu> wrote:
> We have done all the authentication logic etc in perl. It is a lot easier,
> even more so since we have a database back end.

How are you doing this?  Are you using an $AGI->exec() to Read in the
information, or are you doing the entire thing in Perl?

Would it be possible to see a snippet of how you are accomplishing this?

> When you move to perl you can also check for the existance of the file
> directly.

Good idea.  I'll do that.

> You may want to verify the room number here. It is less secure (you get
> feedback if the room is valid earlier) but a lot easier on the callers. I
> have found that callers sometimes make a mistake or a digit may be missed.
> With the above solution you only get one shot at entering the room
> number, and no feedback that it is invalid. Instead, the pin code will be
> asked for three times.

Actually it goes back to s,3 which is the conference room question, so
when it is invalid it asks for the conference room _and_ pin again so
that user doesn't have to worry about a single shot.  If the
conference room/pin pair is incorrect, you get another chance to enter
the pair again.  This seems a bit more secure since you don't get
information about whether the conference room or pin is invalid, but
just that that pair is wrong.

> These are used by the agi below to make the announcement, right?

Yes sir.  Basically what happens is it asks the user to record the
prompt, then the AGI script does the work of joining the conference
and playing back the wave file.  Once that is done, the AGI execution
is complete and the caller is attached to the conference.

Once the user is entered into the conference, the delay between the
callfile being generated and the wave file is played back, the user is
joined and hears their recording and then they can start talking.  The
user isn't muted so could probably talk over top of the announcement.
Anytime I've used this type of feature though I've been able to hear
my announcement being played (it also lets me know that I'm in the
conference).  Not sure if those implementations take into account to
mute the channel while the announcement is played though.

> You need to make sure that the temporary file is stored on the same device
> as the actual spool file. Otherwise the 'mv' below will not be atomic.
> /var/spool is not unheard of to have on it's own partition. Just a heads
> up.

I don't think I quite understand.  Even if it is on a different
partition, the path should still be the same should it not?
/var/spool should still work whether it is on /dev/hda2 or /dev/hda5 ?

> You probably want to close first and then move to make sure the output
> buffers are flushed before the move.

Yep... you're right :)

Thanks,
Leif Madsen.