[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk With PostgreSQL

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Dec 10 05:40:32 MST 2004

On December 10, 2004 03:53 am, Adnan Ahmed wrote:
> I want to use PostgreSQL instead of MySQL,  basically i want to create
> an application (calling card),firstly i am not be able to connecting
> postgres to my asterisks i made some configuration in
> odbc.ini,odbcinst.ini cdr_pgsql etc but no luck asterisk doesn't
> recognize it unknown host name error displayed my asterisk's server name
> is asterisk also my database name is asterisk ,searches wiki alot but
> almost all info about MySQL i have facing difficulties to connect
> PostgreSQL from asterisk what files i'll change to properly setup
> PostgreSQL with Asterisk any help is highly appreciated.
> This is my second post on this issue no responce on first one so plz

Can you please take a step back, organize your thoughts, give us your
configuration and basically take 30 seconds to think about what you're
writing?  I cannot make heads or tails of your post, and if your first was
like this it probably explains why nobody responded.

Clear, concise communication skills are *essential*, not optional.

-A.