[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi & Fritz! - FXO or FXS?

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Fri Dec 10 05:23:44 MST 2004

On Friday 10 December 2004 11:02, Ron Norton wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I got chan_capi working OK with a Fritz! PCI card, so I can make and
> receive ISDN calls into Asterisk. Great.
>
> Besides the Fritz! card I have a few ISDN phones connected to the same ISDN
> S-bus, each answering to a different MSN.
>
> <-- to telephone carrier  --------
> <-- incoming ISDN LINE ->|NT-1 box| --- Sbus----\
>                            --------              |
>

>        ------------------------------------------/
>

>       x--------------x----- ISDN SBus ----x-----------------x
>

> ---------   --------------       --------------    --------------
>
> | Fritz |   | ISDN PHONE |       | ISDN PHONE |    | ISDN PHONE |
> | card  |   | MSN XXXXX2 |       | MSN XXXXX3 |    | MSN XXXXX4 |
> | MSN X1|   --------------       --------------    --------------
>
> ---------
>
> || PCI ||
>
>   ASTERISK
>
> NT-1 : ISDN network termination box installed by the phone company.
>
> However whenever I dial using these ISDN phones ... Asterisk is bypassed,
> and the call gets routed only by the telephone switching system connected
> to the ISDN/NT box. What I would like to do is to use the ISDN phones
> connected to the same ISDN/Sbus as the Fritz! card to make (also) calls
> into Asterisk.
>
> How can I call Asterisk with any of these ISDN phones, without making an
> outgoing (paid) call through the telephone switch ?
>
> Should I need to install two Fritz! card, one connected to the ISDN/NT
> line, the other to the ISDN phones ? :-))

Firstly don't hijack threads - many people won't see this message as it's way
back in the past. Start a new thread instead.

To do what you want, you'll have to install another card - not a fritz either.
If I'm right on this then the card needs to work in NT mode. I think only a
hfs (hfc ?) based card can do this.

Jon