[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi & Fritz! - FXO or FXS?

Ron Norton ron at nexus.org
Fri Dec 10 04:02:30 MST 2004

Hi There,

I got chan_capi working OK with a Fritz! PCI card, so I can make and
receive ISDN calls into Asterisk. Great.

Besides the Fritz! card I have a few ISDN phones connected to the same ISDN
S-bus, each answering to a different MSN.

<-- to telephone carrier  --------
<-- incoming ISDN LINE ->|NT-1 box| --- Sbus----\
                           --------              |

       ------------------------------------------/

      x--------------x----- ISDN SBus ----x-----------------x
      |	             |                    |                 |
      |	             |                    |                 |
      |	             |                    |                 |
      |	             |                    |                 |
---------   --------------       --------------    --------------
| Fritz |   | ISDN PHONE |       | ISDN PHONE |    | ISDN PHONE |
| card  |   | MSN XXXXX2 |       | MSN XXXXX3 |    | MSN XXXXX4 |
| MSN X1|   --------------       --------------    --------------
---------
|| PCI ||

  ASTERISK

NT-1 : ISDN network termination box installed by the phone company.

However whenever I dial using these ISDN phones ... Asterisk is bypassed,
and the call gets routed only by the telephone switching system connected
to the ISDN/NT box. What I would like to do is to use the ISDN phones
connected to the same ISDN/Sbus as the Fritz! card to make (also) calls
into Asterisk.

How can I call Asterisk with any of these ISDN phones, without making an
outgoing (paid) call through the telephone switch ?

Should I need to install two Fritz! card, one connected to the ISDN/NT
line, the other to the ISDN phones ? :-))

Thanks for any hint.

Ron