[Asterisk-Users] Re:RE: NEC Univerge

Peter Childs peter.childs at nec.com.au
Thu Dec 9 21:31:18 MST 2004

 My communications was as a PH-D handler and DRS server for the ip
 telephones.   I'm sure the CCIS/IP would be a _whole_ different
 kettle of fish, and I'm sure a NEC SIP-MG for the SV7000 would
 be around (perhaps only in the NEC/J marketplace, but soon to
 others...)

 My thoughts of attempting to get perhaps a Protims/IP channel in
 asterisk is that

  1. asterisk could be a server for dtermIP handsets (nice handsets,
     pretty reasonably priced without a NEC Right-To-Use license..)

  2. asterisk could be a server for voicemail/ivr/conference by
     'registering' as a bunch of extensions on a IPX/SV7000

 The proof-of-concept stuff was enought that I figure that I could do
 it, but its non-trival.    If I didn't have kids I'd probably do
 it as a pet project, but since the munchkins are around I would
 rather spend my free time with them :)

 If my work paid for me to do it that would be great, but I don't
 think that will happen (you never know...   perhaps I'll ask..)

 Cheers,
   Peter