[Asterisk-Users] Slackware & zttool

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 9 18:41:26 MST 2004

On December 9, 2004 08:06 pm, magnus wrote:
> New to list, going through steep learning curve with *, could someone
> assist with how to install zttool with slackware10, the normal make zttool
> fails, assume I am missing a dependency? (newt and newt-devel?) Trying to
> test Q.031 pri span with TE405p card, Google has little clue on Zttool and
> the * manual has a heading, but no entry?

Grab yourself a copy of newt and install it.  Google doesn't seem to want to
give me the actual homepage so I'll direct you to the original tgz off of
packages.debian.org:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/newt/newt_0.51.6.orig.tar.gz

Use checkinstall to create a slackware package (don't use the latest one, use
the stable one, as the latest has some weirdness with slackware 10.0):
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

That should get you off to the races.

-A.