[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi question

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 16:17:03 MST 2004

Hi all,
I've finally taken the plunge and had isdn installed.
It's a BRI from Telewest in the UK.
I'm told by the provider that it's in point to multipoint mode with 6 digit
presentation.
I'm using an AVM fritz (bt speedway) with the fcpci-suse9.1-3.11-02 driver.
Chan_capi seems to be installed fine.
I can receive incoming calls. However, I can't call out.
When ever i initiate an outgoing call, I get the following on the console:

Executing Dial("SIP/2014-8817", "CAPI/*msn|bdialednumber") in new stack
Dec  9 23:10:24 WARNING[1390]: chan_capi.c:653 capi_call: Destination *msn*
requres a real destination

Does any one know what this means and/or what I can do to fix it.

relevant conf's:
capi.conf:
[interfaces]

msn=mymsnnumber
incomingmsn=*
controller=1
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=isdnin
devices=2

extensions.conf
[ISDN1]
exten => _0.,1,dial(CAPI/${msn1},b${EXTEN})

I have a button on my 7960 that uses the context ISDN1 for outgoing calls.

I've tried to get mISDN working, but chan_capi refuses to admit that capi's
loaded - so I abandoned that and went back to the avm module.

TIA
Jon Lawrence