[Asterisk-Users] can FXS ports on TDM400P provide Battery Reversal or CPC

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Dec 9 12:55:28 MST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Samudra E. Haque wrote:

> Hello, I want to use Asterisk PBX in front of my old, legacy PBX. The legacy
> PBX can be outfitted with caller-ID and is already able to handle Calling
> Party Control Signal Detection (this is a Panasonic KX-TD1232 Super Hybrid
> PBX.
>
> My question is how would one enable Asterisk to control the TDM400P/FXS port
> to provide to the /FXO CO port on the legacy PBX, support for proper answer
> supervision/CPC so that it can terminate and originate calls properly ?

This is not an answer to your question (sorry), but have you considered
outfitting the panasonic with isdn lines instead? The KX-TD1232 work very
well with isdn, as does asterisk.

As to your question I think there are several formats of analog answer
supervision / disconnect supervision. I don't even think asterisk supports
all of them. Do you know what methods are used by the KX-TD1232?

Peter