[Asterisk-Users] Changing NICE value for * will it help?

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Dec 9 12:26:12 MST 2004

By default asterisk (on my system) runs with NICE value "0" like most of
the programs.
Will the performance improve if I assign NICE value of let say -5 or -10
to asterisk?  To my understanding it should as the priority will be
higher than most other programs (it might even solve some echo problem).
Am I right?

How to start asterisk with priority let say -5?
If I start the main process with higher priority will subprocesses
receive the same NICE value?

--
#Joseph